Outdoor Learning Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Thank-you for your interest. This posting is now closed as we review current applications. We will re-open if we do not find the right applicant. To stay in the loop, you can sign up for our seasonal updates.
This role will support our Executive Director in sharing out all of the amazing resources, training opportunities, kits, tools, equipment, partnerships, initiatives and programs that we make available.
- Start Date: As soon as filled.
- Location: Remote (preference is within Canada)
- Wage: $25 – $30/hour, depending on experience
- Position: 20 hours/week, with the opportunities for growth for a successful candidate
- Benefits: Basic Benefits Package after 3 months plus Home Office Allowance, Health Spending Account and RRSP Contributions added in over time as per Benefits Policy.
The Outdoor Learning Store is a charitable social enterprise established in 2020 with headquarters in Invermere, British Columbia, in the homelands of the Ktunaxa and Secwepemc people. This beautiful and biodiverse region is situated at the headwaters of the Columbia River on the Western slopes of the Canadian Rockies.
The purpose of The Outdoor Learning Store is to provide easy access to excellent outdoor learning equipment and resources to schools and organizations, while providing financial support for our host charity, the Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network (CBEEN) and added capacity for our numerous Outdoor Learning Partners.
Our Outdoor Learning Store has become a leader in developing a community of outdoor learning organizations and leaders from across the country and beyond.
The ideal candidate…
- Is organized & efficient, and has a strong attention to detail
- Is tech & computer savvy
- Enjoys working independently, and as part of an awesome team
- Is friendly and has a solution-focused mindset
- Has excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), is proficient in French and/or Spanish, and is keen to learn local Indigenous languages
- Is able to see their role as it supports and relies on other roles in the organization
- Has experience with building relationships through email and social media
- Is resourceful, and has demonstrated experience in efficiently collecting information online
- Has a knack for all the socials, and can create images to suit our unique look & feel
- Is excited about supporting outdoor & environmental learning!
Specific duties include:
- Researching organizations that would be interested in some of our specific offerings
- Connecting with these organizations, largely via email, to share about what we offer and how we can support their efforts
- Background communications for virtual workshops (emails, chat, other tech supports)
- Managing the content creation and day to day management of our social media platforms
- Other emergent opportunities for communications and outreach as required
Accountability and Working Relationships:
The Outdoor Learning Outreach & Engagement Position is an integral part of the team at CBEEN and will report to the Executive Director, with support from the Director of Learning and Program Manager. You will have a supportive team to work with: https://outdoorlearningstore.com/about/our-awesome-team. Open communication and cooperation are essential to the success of the organization.
This position expected to abide by and act as a role model in relation to all rules, procedures and policies of Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network. The employee should review section 10 of CBEEN’s Policy and Procedures Manual. If the employee has questions or concerns about a policy, they are expected to speak with their supervisor for explanation, or to determine alternatives if applicable. Failure to abide by the policies and procedures may result in feedback to the employee or depending on the severity, probation or termination.
We are committed to providing training and development opportunities. We believe in paying our staff well and supporting them along the way. Our hope is for the right candidate this would turn into a lasting role.
Please contact us with any questions: email@example.com