The Looking Closely Kit includes 10 curated books accompanied by resources & equipment to support K-7 emergent inquiry outdoors!
This kit was curated and created by teachers Megan Zeni, Sarah Regan and Lauren MacLean. Megan and Sarah are job share partners teaching entirely outdoors in a K-7 garden classroom. Megan shares these experiences of outdoor play and learning on Instagram and Twitter at @roomtoplay. Lauren is a K-7 mentoring support teacher who has a love for playing, learning, and teaching outdoors. She is the host of the Mentoring Nature Connections podcast and author of Me and My Sit Spot.
Each kit includes book specific lesson sparks, guiding questions, and curricular connections for looking closely outdoors. Spend less time planning and more time exploring outdoors with your learners!
This kit includes:
- 9 curated picture books that support looking closely outdoors (see list below)
- 11 page PDF that includes a conceptual overview of looking closely with lesson sparks and guiding questions for each book
- 2 x Bugs & Slugs Nature Guide
- 2 x Butterflies & Pollinators Nature Guide
- 2 x Bees & Pollinators Nature Guide
- 10 x Handheld Field Magnifiers (with ‘explore your world’ lanyards)
- 1 x Two-way Nature Viewer
- 3 x pair of National Geographic Student Binoculars
- 3 x recycled backpacks to keep it all organized
If you want to order JUST the book bundle, you can do so HERE.
100% of the proceeds go back to non-profit outdoor learning initiatives, and a portion of this will go directly to the development of more great kits like this!