An Integrated K-8 Guide for Discovering Science, Ecology, and Whole-Systems Thinking
The School Garden Curriculum offers a unique and comprehensive framework, enabling students to grow their knowledge throughout the school year and build on it from kindergarten to eighth grade. From seasonal garden activities to inquiry projects and science-skill building, children will develop organic gardening solutions, a positive land ethic, systems thinking, and instincts for ecological stewardship.
The book offers:
- A complete K-8 school-wide framework
- Over 200 engaging, weekly lesson plans – ready to share
- Place-based activities, immersive learning, and hands-on activities
- Integration of science, critical thinking, permaculture, and life skills
- Links to Next Generation Science Standards
- Further resources and information sources.
- A model and guide for all educators, The School Garden Curriculum is the complete package for any school wishing to use ecosystem perspectives, science, and permaculture to connect children to positive land ethics, personal responsibility, and wonder, while building vital lifelong skills.
The Inside Scoop: This resource comes highly recommended by our resident classroom garden guru, Megan Zeni! Megan offers an abundance of resources and support for teachers on her website.
Ethical Elements: This book is printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper. Check out our ethical policies and practices.